Take the understanding of the East and the knowledge of the West and then seek.At the risk of a somewhat over-simplified equation, lets say West=Science; East=Spirituality
- Science is trans-cultural, trans-national, trans-religious
- Science requires verifiability — because Einstein said so doesn't make it true, unless I can independently verify the statement
- Science is not finished product, but an ongoing project and celebration
- Based on laws not dogmas
- The universe is a manifestation and is top-down not bottom-up (as science mandates) “Consciousness takes a body, not a mass of slimy atoms suddenly magically experiences consciousness”
- Many levels of reality everything cannot be figured out at our level
Search in spirituality is for objective reality – Kant – science cannot
be fully objective because we are never free from our perceptions.
Reality/Truth/Spirituality/God wishes for being So objective, subject (mind) is completely out of the way
Intelligent Open-minded Courage: Dammit if it (change/death) is unknown
how can it cause fear? Problem is not fear of unknown but attachment to
the known (status quo).
Socrates at the mourning following his death-sentence said something similar: You cry for me because you think you know what happens. Since I know I dont know I have no fear!